"My form is justice. And my form is the world.
Worship me. Give praise unto me.
Me, the beautiful, the sublime...
Me, the invincible, the almighty and divine...
All hail Zamasu."

Hey Dragon Ballers,
Today Axel was kind enough to run our first tournament officially in the Judgement era of FanZ. It was admittedly a small showing but I think in the near future there will be more and more opportunities to play. The new set just released a week ago and I've been trying out a lot of new decks but Preventive Fused Zamasu is by far my best idea yet with the new cards. The idea is simple: Preventive is really good, Fused Zamasu is really good, and together they're really strong. The deck's mission statement is basically to pretend to be a DBV deck with a huge board and while your opponent flails to try to stop your DBV you're dropping several 7 life card attacks in retaliation. It's a ton of fun and after today I think it's safe to say Blue has officially returned to the meta after what feels like a decade of straggling behind the rest of the styles.
Round 1: The Bye
My round 1 opponent failed to show up although I offered to wait a while for them to come. After all of the other games had finished the win was given to me and I advanced to the next round.
Round 2: Erik Johnson - Black Mischievous Ginyu - Win Survival
Erik and I have played a lot but I was not expecting Mischievous Ginyu from him today. This game went extremely in my favor early. Every combat it felt like I had Fused Zamasu's Wall of Light or a Blue Betrayal in my hand; or both. It was awesome (for me.) Both allowing me to quickly remove critical Ginyu Force Allies from play. Then, combat 1 or 2 I noticed 2 of Ginyu's Enhanced Reflexes had already hit the discard pile and I knew as long as I kept track of the third I would likely win. And that's exactly what happened.
MVP Card = Zamasu's Wall of Light
![]()
Round 3: Kelly Dennis - Black Manipulative Trunks - Loss Survival
This is a match up I felt confident in and I had a really hard set strategy before the game even started. One that I failed to follow! I knew for this match up that I just needed to play purely reactive. Never enter combat, drop the board, counter the MPPV, and Kelly would slowly lose as I retaliated. But I got greedy on several occasions and threw every lead I had. I misunderstood the true metagame too. This matchup is all about sitting on your Blue Gag's on the board so your opponent cannot threaten you with their big, scary HIT effects. Kelly played well and capitalized on my misplays even opening me up to capturing Namek Dragon Ball 3 several times in a single combat before he annihilated my life card count with a bunch of unexpected life card attacks. MVP Card: Me being a Saiyan monkey.
Round 4: Henry Johnson - Red Relentless Hero Buu - Win Survival
This match up I was really confident in on the initial tournament bracket read through but I quickly noted a big challenge when spectating Henry's games up until this point. Firstly, the guy runs Unorthodox Onslaught and Red Restriction which the ladder choice is just genius for Hero Buu. All 4 levels attack. Put your helmet on and GO DUDE. My deck runs 22 board cards so chewing through several combats where I can only attack or pass is a big issue. However, I do believe Preventive is absolutely broken because Henry was never really able to find his footing. I kept him locked on level 1 most of the game and the bite removed from his attacks by Namek Dragon Ball 6. Several combats passed where I get a look at Henry's hand and there's not a single threat to me in it. It's been nullified by the mastery prevent, or ball 6, or my allies soaking stages. The replay of this game really exemplifies how good Blue Preventive Mastery is at shutting aggro decks down by itself. Overall this game came down to Henry never leveling early and his attacks being nullified by Namek Dragon Ball 6.
MVP: Blue Preventive Mastery and Namek Dragon Ball 6.
![]()

Finals Match: Kelly Dennis Rematch - Black Manipulative Trunks - Game 1 Win DBV
Game 2 Win DBV
Finally we have some Dragon Ball Victory happening! And like I said before, I had an extremely straight forward philosophy for this matchup during my first try against Kelly that I ignored the first game (because I'm a saiyan monkey) but I didn't let a Remain 2 keyword happen in this tournament. I never entered combat either game. I just passed and prolonged the game. Lower anger, block, if Kelly passes I pass too. And it largely goes how I expect. I'm not playing into Kelly's sequencing game he's playing. Combats keep ending abruptly letting me draw 3 on my turn and drop a ton of board and pass the turn to Kelly. Both games went pretty quick, both Kelly and I are pretty fast players, and both end with a slow but sure DBV to secure the tournament win. Another thing about this game that stuck out to me was how strong Blue Intelligence is specifically with this mastery. Your opponent typically at least gets a single action in before you can react with a card like this. But this mastery can completely nullify an attack before you end combat. So if your opponent's prime objective is dealing damage, they're never ever going to be able to do that before the Blue Preventive Mastery player gets to end combat on their terms.
MVP Card: Blue Intelligence
![]()
Hopefully this was a nice read and an appetizer to much more DBZ to be played in the near future. Thanks again Axel for throwing this and I'm looking forward to the next one.
THE LIST:
Blue Preventive FZ
Planning 22
Namek DB 1-7
Dragon Radar x1
Ginyu ally
Super Shenron ally
Raditz Ally
Porunga ally
Blue Stylish pose x1
Prophetic Visions x1
Villainous visage x1
Blue Gag x3
Blue Intelligence x3
Blue Teleportation Drill x1
Events 5
Stare Down x3
Villainous Energy Sphere x2
Blocks 13
Time
FZ’s Barrier of Light x3
Blue Exhalted Defense x3
Blue Deterrence x1
Blue Snare x2
Blue Nap x3
Attacks 20
FZ’s Wall of Light x3
Overpowering Attack x1
Assisted Kamehameha x3
Optic Blast x3
Blue Terror x1
Blue Reckoning Blast x3
Blue Betrayal x3
Blue Head Knock x3
Comments
Post a Comment